Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stressful Times in Bolivia

Hi Everyone,

Wow.  It is March 1st!  In approximately 3 months I will be making my way back to the US for good.  I can't believe that time is going by so fast.  I have started to deny the fact that I am actually going to leave this place and these amazing people so soon.   It makes me sad to think that I will not see my friends and co-workers on a daily basis!

February passed ridiculously quick, but the last couple weeks have brought some unrest, in my personal life as well as nationwide in Bolivia.  For a couple weeks I have come down with 2 separate sicknesses!  I had a very nasty cold for the first week, and now I am suffering from stomach upset, which is very frustrating.  I have tried a few remedies and medicines, but not much is seeming to help!  In addition, I am under a lot of stress teaching right now, so I feel like I am falling apart.  I just keep trying to remind myself that God is in control of EVERY aspect of my life, and that He will provide according to each day's needs. 

In addition to the stress of daily life, the past couple weeks have brought unrest to Bolivia as a country.  There have been heavy rains, which have caused a lot of devastation, floods, mudslides, and destruction.  A large number of people have been severely affected by this, and unfortunately this problem is not one that will quickly end!  There has also been a lot of strikes and protests lately, for a number of reasons.  We have had to cancel 8 days of school in the past 2 weeks because it has been unsafe to go to school.  Don't worry, I am safe, and I have never felt unsafe!  But it has affected a lot of people, and I was more than thankful to return to school as normal on Monday.

On a happier note, Rachel and I are making our way to Florida in just a few days, for a week of vacation with my family. The time off is much-needed, and we are looking forward to some days of fun and relaxation! 

 Well, grading papers and doing laundry beckons, but thanks for reading and keeping in touch!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment