Monday, April 11, 2011

Single Digits!!!

Hi Everyone!

It has been a little over a month since I last updated, and I have a bit of free time, so I figured I would post a little update!  Things have been crazy for a few weeks, and this crazy pace should continue up until the end of the school year.  While the stress level has risen a bit, I am still enjoying my time here, and I cannot believe that this year is coming to a close.  I am leaving 8 weeks from this Friday!  I just cannot believe it, and I start to get really sad when I think about leaving.  The friends I have made here are friends that I will continue to keep in touch with, and it makes me sad to think that I will not see them everyday.  But I know that it is time to start another chapter in my life in a couple months, so that is an exciting prospect to think about.

We started the 4th quarter a couple of weeks ago, so the stress that comes with ending a quarter has come and gone.  We had to calculate grades, put them into the system, and have parent-teacher interviews.  All of this came during a week when the high school was off for 2 days for a sports tournament, while the elementary school still had classes.  It was a stressful time, but the sports tournament was a great opportunity for our students to share their faith and their prowess in sports with a larger audience.  Our basketball girls came in 2nd, so that was an exciting moment for Rachel and I! 

A couple of weeks ago I had a chance to share in High School chapel, and although I was nervous, it turned out to be a great experience.  I basically shared my testimony with them, and I really appreciated the chance to be serious and to share a serious part of my life that not a lot of people know about.  I have fun and joke around with my students, so I think it was good for them to hear that aspect of my life.  I was very nervous beforehand, but when I stood up to speak, the peace of God overtook me and I just started speaking.  I could not believe how calm I was, and I spoke clearly and passionately about my experiences.  It was definitely God's presence helping me through!  What an amazing experience!

Well, I should sign off and get ready for the rest of the day.  Thank you to all who continue to support me through your prayers or financially!  It is really nice to know that I have such an awesome support system back home.  It won't be long before I am back and can share my experiences face-to-face!

Thanks for reading!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment